- Coach Certification
- GOAL: Better prepared coaches to improve their ability to coach the game.
- DETAIL: iHoops, in conjunction with the National Federation of State High School Associations, built a comprehensive course of coaching education that is available through iHoops.com. The course will include information on the philosophy of coaching, the fundamentals of teaching basketball and a unit on health and safety including basic first aid requirements. See the Coach Certification program.
- GOAL: Focus on the development of the skills applicable to 3x3 basketball and encourage participation in the 3x3 game.
- DETAIL: Though 5x5 basketball remains one of the most popular sports in the world, the 3x3 game is seeing significant growth in participation and fans.
- Elite Player Program: First Team
- GOAL: Enhance basketball development for pre-collegiate student-athletes and provide information on the value of education, collegiate recruiting process and eligibility rules, values of the game, and the importance of good citizenship / life skills.
- DETAIL: The First Team mentoring program provided resource materials and direct, personal contact with many of the top high school players in the country and their parents. This program provided a wealth of information including content regarding recruiting and information provided by the NCAA Eligibility Center, material regarding the importance of preparing for life after basketball, as well as tips for dealing with agents and their representatives, college recruiters and others. The site offered several opportunities for quality video regarding the values and history of the game.
Click here to sign up to receive the official USA Basketball newsletter!