2010 First Team Conference Heading to Arizona
The iHoops First Team is heading to the Valley of the Sun.
The 2010 Summer Conference will be held Aug. 12-15 in Scottsdale, Ariz. The conference, which is invitation-only for First Team members, will feature educational speakers, informative sessions and fun activities for the participants.
The iHoops First Team is a mentoring program designed to help promising high school student-athletes navigate the recruiting process. Now in its ninth year, First Team has seen hundreds of promising high school basketball players come through and learn to be independent thinkers in the world that awaits them. Dozens of First Team alums are currently playing college basketball, and several—inlcuding Greg Oden, O.J. Mayo, Eric Gordon and Mike Conley Jr.--now play in the NBA.
The student-athletes are mentored through communications with the iHoops staff, but the program’s signature event is the annual Summer Conference.
Past Summer Conferences have taken place in locations like Indianapolis, Colorado Springs, Tampa, Fla., and Tuscon, Ariz. The 2009 Summer Conference was held in Kansas City, Mo.
Past speakers at the Summer Conference have included Charles Barkley, Clark Kellogg, John Lucas, Charlie Ward and Doug Collins.
Click here to sign up to receive the official USA Basketball newsletter!
- Ten Before Tip: News from Saturday night
- Favors, Williams out for Jazz against Kings
- Wade back for Heat; Love out for Wolves
- Bulls' Deng out with tight left calf
- 76ers' Carter-Williams sidelined with sore knee
- Bryant expected to return versus Raptors on Sunday
- Ten Before Tip: Nightly news from around the league
- Pelicans' Evans rolls left ankle, leaves game