Total Defense Challenge
Powered by RIGHT GUARD
Right Guard and iHoops are looking for the Best Defensive Stopper!
NOMINATION DEADLINE EXTENDED THROUGH FEBRUARY 28, 2011!
Through the travel basketball season and the scholastic high school season, iHoops will identify fifty of the top defensive players in the nation. Thirty players will be selected to receive a trip to New Orleans to see Chris Paul and the Hornets play and to participate in the Right Guard Total Defense Challenge where they will compete to be the Right Guard National Total Defense Player.
Players, coaches, parents and others may nominate any boys basketball player 14 to 18 years of age who will be a high school student during the 2010-2011 school year.
Winners will receive a trip New Orleans to attend an NBA game and participate in the Right Guard Total Defense Challenge where they will compete to be the Right Guard National Total Defense Player.
30 Challenge Winners Receive
- Round trip airfare to New Orleans for themselves and one parent
- Hotel accommodations, meals and transportation.
- Tickets to an NBA basketball game.
- Spot to participate in a one day defensive challenge.
To Enter the Total Defense Challenge
- Nominate any high school boys basketball player, ages 14 to 18 and enrolled in high school during the 2010-2011 academic year at iHoops.com.
- Open to all high school boys. Nomination process open through January 28, 2011
- A total of 30 winners will be selected. 25 winners will be chosen by iHoops coaching staff and the remaining 5 winners will be people's choice winners and chosen by the Public's vote. All 30 winners will take part in the one day defense challenge in the spring of 2011.
- Public voting on iHoops.com starts February 7, 2011.
Total Defense Challenge Winners
- Judge Favorites: The iHoops Staff select 25 top players based on iHoops coaches evaluations.
- People’s Choice Winners: Visitors to iHoops website will vote 25 semi-finalists as selected by iHoops staff. Top 5 vote winners will win the trip and a spot in the Total Defense Challenge.
Click here to sign up to receive the official USA Basketball newsletter!